[Closed] Digital Learning Designer
About Hut Six
Hut Six is a B2B cyber security start-up working to educate people about the cyber threats they face at home and in the workplace.
We deliver industry-leading training and phishing simulations for our customers, powered by our in-house Learning Management System and Content Creator.
Our training consists of a cyber awareness course which teaches users how to act in a secure way. Once users have completed this course, they move onto our scenario-based content where the user affects the story through the choices they make.
We care deeply about delivering the best possible training and service for our users, and we pride ourselves on the great feedback that we receive.
Most importantly, we depend on our excellent people in everything we do. We have worked hard to cultivate a strong culture and believe deeply in a coaching leadership style. One where everyone collaborates, and is trusted to find the best way to achieve shared goals.
We are advertising for the position of a Digital Learning Designer to bring more creativity to our high quality, informative animated tutorials.
The company graduated from the Alacrity Foundation, is a member of Cyber Wales, and has previously secured funding from Wesley Clover and the Development Bank of Wales.
Hut Six is currently operating a hybrid workplace with employees given the option to work from home or the office. You may be required to come into the office for occasional meetings or events.
What is the Role?
You will be working alongside our script writer, animators and product development team to create the best content in the security awareness market. You will be responsible for the creation, updating and delivery of our e-learning content.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for e-learning, a strong eye for detail and someone who can comfortably work with our team and our clients to achieve their brief.
This is an opportunity to make your mark in a fast-growing company, develop your own skills and play a vital role in a small team.
This is a full time role with an immediate start.
What will you be doing?
- Working with the product team to produce briefs for the content team
- Co-ordinating with the content creation team to meet delivery deadlines
- Review and feedback of scripts, storyboards and completed content
- Creating questions and assessments for our content
- Designing simulated phishing attacks to re-enforce our training
- Ensuring all e-learning content is aligned to best Learning & Development practice
- Publishing completed content on our Learning Management System
Who are we looking for?
We’re after someone with enthusiasm, a positive attitude, the capability to collaborate within a team structure and adapt to a frequently changing start-up environment.
- A degree-level qualification in a related field
- Creativity, passion & enthusiasm for digital learning
- Strong verbal & written communication
- Excellent IT skills
- Efficient time management
- Experience producing e-learning content
Salary and Benefits
The salary will be between £26,000 and £30,000 depending on skills and experience.
- Share options
- Flexible hours: core hours of 10:00-12:00 and 14:00-16:30
- Great team and culture
- Optional weekly games
- Professional training budget
- Strong work-life balance
- Right next to train station
- Active member of of the South Wales tech community
- 28 days + Christmas to New Year (usually 3 extra days)
Please submit your CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If successful, this stage will be followed by an interview conducted over Google Meet.