The role of motion graphics design involves the entire process including initial conception, asset creation, storyboarding and animation of Hut Six’s web-based security tutorials. Working alongside the product development team you will be responsible for the conception of the graphical assets and the visual narrative of new and existing tutorials.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for e-learning, video and motion design, a strong eye for detail, who can comfortably work with clients to achieve their brief. This role is ideal for someone who wants to utilise their skills in areas such as UI and front-end coding (HTML, CSS, microsites etc.)
Whilst you will work within the Hut Six brand guidelines we expect you to enhance these as appropriate and set your own creative style. This is the opportunity to define a fast-growing company’s tone and style, develop your own skills and play a pivotal role in a small team.
We’re after someone with enthusiasm, a positive attitude, the capability to collaborate within a team structure and adapt to a frequently changing startup environment.
- 2D Motion Design
- Character Design
- Character Animation
- A qualification in Graphic Design, Animation, VFX or similar, or the equivalent in hands-on experience.
- Experience in front-end coding (HTML, CSS, microsites etc.).
- Proven experience in taking a project from concept through to completion.
- Ability to work to deadlines and at times under pressure, whilst producing high quality output.
- An ability to assist writers in developing visual narratives from scripts.
- Previous experience working in a design studio, agency or in-house team.
- Must be open, honest, direct and comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback.
Hut Six is a fast-growing information security software start-up solving human error. We train, test and track employee security awareness with our unique and customised solution. We’ve grown rapidly over the past two years, gaining considerable traction and building a talented development team. The cloud-based solution is disrupting the security awareness market and Hut Six is now investing into its sales and marketing activities. The company is currently based next to the Celtic Manor Resort in South Wales but intends to move to Cardiff in early 2019. We are backed by prominent investors including Sir Terry Matthews.
We want to work with the best and brightest people, if you do too and think you would be a good fit for this job, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a bit about yourself and what you can bring to Hut Six!